Our most recent Cohort 2, celebrated their graduation from our 16-week accelerator program with Demo Day on September 15, 2017, at Genesis Cinemas, Palms Shopping centre in Lagos.
The 6 Batch companies represented an array of technologies ranging between agriculture, healthcare, entertainment, transportation, real estate, and financial services. They excellently pitched their companies to a room full of over 100 investors.
Demo day is a special invite-only event featuring companies spanning; Accounting, Finance, Agriculture, Entertainment, Fashion, Health Care, and Real Estate that will have completed 4 months of our Acceleration Program.
The event provides an opportunity to learn more about the exciting work these companies are doing and how investors can be a part of their story as they look to raise investment.
Here’s a look at the companies that pitched:
- Accounteer: Localized online accounting platform for small businesses
- Merijn Campsteyn — Co founder Accounteer
Gerocare: Providing affordable regular preventive home health care for the elderly.
Dr Ebi Offrey — Co founder Gerocare
- MyPadi : Real estate start-up providing off-campus accommodation for university, college students and young professionals.
- Joel Amawhe — Co founder Mypadi.ng
- VIVA: Providing the same quality of in-flight entertainment available on planes to passengers on long distance buses over Wi-Fi and without internet.
- Mo Felata — Co founder VivaxD
ThriveAgric: Crowdsourcing resources to enable farmers access better inputs and scale their outputs.
Uka Eje — Co founder ThriveAgric
- DriversNG: A website to conveniently hire professionally trained and verified drivers in 24 hours.
Daniel Audu — Co founder DriversNG
You can also read about what went down here:
Beyond the acceleration program, we will continue to help the companies with mentorship, support and our network. Not to mention, applications for the next batch will soon be open. To know when that happens, follow our Social media handles: Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
Originally published at Ventures Platform.